Pumpkin is the flavor for this week as we continue to celebrate fall and discover new soup recipes. I have never cooked with pumpkin or leeks before, so I am excited to try. I hope you enjoy it!
Spicy Pumpkin Soup:
- 2 lb pumpkin, peeled and seeds removed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3 3/4 cups vegetable stock
- ground black pepper
- fresh thyme leaves, to garnish
- 4 tbsp low-fat probiotic yogurt, to serve
*The Detox Cookbook by Maggie Pannell
If you want to check out last week’s soup, you can find it here.