I am starting a tea garden this spring! The plants I chose are based on the climate I live in (IL) and the simple fact that I wanted my tea to be pretty. I can’t wait to have friends over and serve tea with flowers floating like lily pads. I will do my best to explain the process in case anyone wants to join me.
Plants for garden bed:
- Viola Odorata: Grows to 6″ high and should be planted 6″ apart. Should start with a plant rather than try from a seed.
- Blue Hyssop: 2′ / 1′ / Seed in early spring
- Lavender: 2′ /1.5′ / Plant
- Echinacea: 4′ / 10″ /Plant 3 years old
- Bergamont: 3′ / 2′ /Seed in early spring
- Rosemary: 3′ / 2′ / Plant (Have to pot when cold outside)
Stand alone plants:
- Manuka: 16′ / Best to plant next to shrubs / Plant
- Rosa Rugosa: 6′ / 6′ / Plant
- Honeysuckle: 20′ / Trellis/ Plant
- Rennaissance Rose: 3′ / 3′ / Plant